Call for Papers 2016
Acceptance notification to authors:
Final papers due:
The conference committee is seeking submissions of papers for oral presentation at the conference on the following topics:
- Verifiability of information security
- Certification of IT security solutions
- Common Criteria and alternative certification schemes
- Trustworthy Internet and Cloud services
- Trust in cryptographic mechanisms and processes
- Secure software development
- Malware and spyware detection
- Trustworthiness aspects of smart technologies in the home environment
- Legal aspects of digital surveillance technologies
- Legal aspects of software contracts, development and maintenance related to trustworthiness
- Software liability aspects
- Safe harbour alternatives, software security and trustworthiness issues from a legal standpoint
- Legal viewpoints on the conflict of privacy / data protection and cybersecurity
In a pre-conference session on Sunday, October 16th, the status and future of the EICAR Minimum Standard will be discussed in a Workshop.
The conference committee is seeking submissions in two major categories:
- Peer reviewed papers – these papers will be selected on basis of blind peer review by members of the program committee and other independent reviewers (where necessary). Case studies, research in progress and full research papers including theoretical papers will be considered for the inclusion in the conference program. There is no definitive word limit for the submissions; however, it is anticipated that submissions will be between 3500 and 5500 words. The program committee will not accept research proposals for submission to the conference.
- Other papers – these papers will not be peer reviewed. However, due to the considerable interest in the conference in the previous years, these papers will also be reviewed and selected for acceptance by the program committee. This category covers corporate papers, best practices, new technologies, policy issues etc and the conference committee are eager to obtain submissions from industry, government and other sectors for this category.
- Marketing papers will not be accepted for the conference.
The conference committee can accept only a limited number of papers in each category. All accepted papers will be published in electronic form and in the printed version of the EICAR Conference Proceedings with ISBN. The best Paper will be awarded by the conference committee.
Deadlines and forms of submission:
- Authors wishing to submit papers for peer review category and acceptance for the conference should submit full papers by no later than June 30th, 2016. These papers will be blind peer reviewed by at least two reviewers. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by July, 31st.
- Authors wishing to submit other papers should submit at least 300-word abstract by no later than June 30th, 2016 for selection by the program committee. A selection process will be performed to check whether the proposed papers fit to the EICAR conference policy and topics. Authors of selected papers will be notified by July 31st, 2016.
- To ensure timely processing of the proceedings, all final papers are due at September 15th, 2016.
All submissions will be handled electronically and the review/acceptance process will be conducted anonymously by the conference committee:
- Peer reviewed papers should be submitted via on-line submission and review system available at
in portable document format (PDF). All information enabling the identification of authors must be removed from the submissions.
- Abstract should be submitted as plain text via the web-based form of the on-line submission system.
Final camera ready papers are accepted in RTF, DOC or preferably LaTeX format. The EICAR conference uses simplified APA5 format for papers published in the proceedings (description, MS-Word (.DOT), RTF and LaTeX templates are available at our website.
Conference Fee Waiver
The conference fee will be waived for one presenter for each accepted paper.